You have made it this far in your studies and are ready to register for the PearsonVue state test- congratulations! Signing up for the written and skills exam through the testing center ‘PearsonVue’ is the same regardless of the state you live in; the steps below are true for any nursing assistant or CNA student. We recommend that you prioritize registering for a testing site and paying the combined test fee even if you don’t plan to test immediately following graduation. Once you have completed clinical and have a certificate from the program you attended, you will be able to sign up to test.
Unfortunately, many students fail to register until they want to take the test. Then they discover the location they wanted to test at is booked out for several months. Yikes! Testing months after you graduate can delay employment opportunities and your ability to remember what you learned in school. So register for the test as soon as you can!
Here are the steps you will need to follow in order to sign up:
1. Use the unique student identification number that was given to you upon graduation. This is your student registration/credential number. Your school will send this to you in an email.
2. Follow the link provided by your school to activate your testing credentials and create an account with PearsonVue.
3. Now that you have an account with a username and password, you can click here and select the state you plan to test in.
3. Select ‘scheduling instructions’ and then ‘schedule a test’ on the next page.
4. Sign in with your log-in credentials.
5. You should now be taken to a page that prompts you to create application to take the national nurse aid exam and pay the $124 fee to test.
If you have any questions about the process or things don’t seem to be working out for you, comment below and we can help.
Thanks so much for reading and we hope this was helpful!